2010년 10월 13일 수요일

WikiMind lite 0.14.0 released


WikiMind lite v0.14.0 released.

In this version...

Additional features
  1. Selection of start document is added. If you select start document and launch WikiMind lite, It opens this document automatically.
    • This function works like personal portal. You can create and open documents in this start document.
    • But copy/move/delete operation must execute on the browser screen.
    • You can select start document in the 'Preferences -> General', browser screen, or viewer screen. In the browser screen, call context menu with long touch on file and select 'Set as Start document'. In the viewer/editor screen, you can find it in menu.
    • Remove start document can be done in the Preferences.
  2. Selection of font color on bold/italic/underline/strike is added
    • Now, you can apply colors on bold/italic/underline/strike fonts. Like other font configurations, you can find it in 'Preferences -> Fonts' screen.
    • It gives more emphasis on your documents.
    • Especially, the default android font doesn't support 'bold' on the Asian languages. So, this function helps the Asian users to express 'bold' text.
So, that's it. Additionally fixed some possible exceptions.

Now, I'm prepare to release the v1.0 and testing synchronize with Google Docs.

As always, I thanks a lot for using this application.

Thank you.

댓글 6개:

  1. hi iam from germany and i want to say thank you for wikilin its a great app and i like to use it.
    one suggestion can you add checkboxes into one of the next versions please? :)
    on the desktop i use ZIM wiki written in python
    and there you can create a checkbox with []
    http://zim-wiki.org/index.html
    very useful for todo lists.

    thx ixi

    답글삭제
  2. Thank you for your interest on my app, Richard.

    About your suggestion, I have one plan.

    The WikiMind following the WikiCreole 1.0 syntax. (http://www.wikicreole.org/) Because I want that your document can compatible with online wiki service -someday- (not yet available now because most wiki service not following that. But many wiki service promises apply it).

    So, if I apply your suggestion (although I think it is very reasonable and good idea), your document can not compatible with online wiki services.

    But, instead of that, I'm planning the WikiMind skins. If you apply the 'check list skin' on your document, you can see your ordered/unordered list as hierarchical checkboxes. Of course, if you check the checkbox, it modifies that item as 'strike' font automatically.

    I wonder this plan is satisfied you.

    Thank you.

    답글삭제
  3. And, I think you used the 'Wikilin' application, this is not the 'Wikilin'.

    This application callled 'WikiMind'.

    Thanks. :D

    답글삭제
  4. sorry WikiMind lite i mean i mixed it somehow there is another wiki system called wikilin wich i used before the names are similar the guy who is programming it is Japanese (somehow nobody from US or Europe is coding a good wiki system for android) But he is following the concept of tidly wiki wich is different to wikis like media wiki and i dont like it so much - yours is better i think :P

    okay good to hear that you like my checkbox idea
    how about using [] for unchecked and [*] for a checked checkbox - its just a thought. Refering to the wikicreole syntax sound like a good idea
    but until now i dont have much hope that it will be implemented we will see another way might to implement a syntax that already has a good "market share" in the online area its atleast faster to get a working result to exchange documents.

    답글삭제
  5. Hi,

    I've been looking for an android wiki, and preferaby one that used a standardized wiki format, so I could sync with my desktop and website. WikiMind fits the bill perfectly so thank you very much!

    The software itself is very good - seems robust, simple to use, and works well.

    I appreciate this is a 0.x release, but here are my thoughts/feature requests/tweaks to improve the product:
    1. links
    a. if I go to link -> link to another document , then hit the back key to cancel, an empty link is still added to the page.
    b. most of the links I create are wiki links where I want the link ant text to be the same (e.g. [ [TestPage] ] ) and no bar is needed, but the link wizard adds one automatically. Could this be made optional?
    2. wiki syntax - some creole syntax is not supported, e.g. preformatted text and tables, which limits interoperability.
    3. seems to be a bug with editing in landscape mode - when I hit enter or down arrow, the text scrolls out of view.
    4. I expected the search on the browser screen to search the contents of the wiki pages, rather then just the page names.
    5. I mentioned I'm interested in syncing, so I want to put my /sdcard/WikiMind folder in /sdcard/dropbox

    Thanks again for a great product,
    Ian

    답글삭제
  6. For my answer,
    1-a. I've done that because two reasons. First, the link suggestion pop-up appears when user insert '[[' tag. If the user inputs the link tag with keyboard, the pop-up appears. If your phone has hardware qwerty keyboard, you will find that it's more comfortable to type the link tag than touch toolbars. Second, I think that if user didn't use suggestion pop-up, he might still want to use link tag.
    1-b. I think about that. I can make that optional. But I wonder that if the user interface much complicated? If it's okay, I'll make that optional next version.
    2. I'm still working on it. I'm glad that you use the Creole syntax. :D
    3. It's not a bug. It is android problem. In landscape mode, the screen is too small to arrange the components. And the android doesn't fit the interfaces to landscape mode. It just draw the soft keyboard and UI lay down under the keyboard. To fix that problem, I must calculate all layout and it may crash on other devices. I'm still working on it to solve the problem. This is very big issue to me.
    4. I also still working on it. It is postponed for other issues.
    5. The other user wants similar problem: couldn't I select my storage to save documents? So, I'll say that again:Is it okay that the user interface is complicated? How about sync with Google Docs? I'm making WikiMind sync with Google Docs. If you really want to select document location and sync is not suitable for you, please tell me. I'll apply that for you.

    Thanks for your interest, Ian.

    답글삭제